Rovers at Adelaide Zombie Walk October 13th 2018
The Adelaide Zombie Walk isn’t a Rover event, it is a FREE annual community event, but that won't stop us.
What is Adelaide Zombie Walk
Adelaide Zombie Walk is a not-for-profit event and all funds raised go directly to Foodbank SA and towards funding future Adelaide Zombie Walk events. Participants dress up as zombies or zombie hunters and walk along a predetermined route. Participants are encouraged to bring a monetary donation and/or non-perishable food items to give to FOODBANK SA.
Details for 2018 are yet to be confirmed but the event typically starts at 3pm. There is pre-walk live entertainment, a blood splatter tent, make-up, dress-up competitions, food vendors and market stalls. The actual walk starts at 7pm and the after party finishes at 10pm.
Check out http://www.adelaidezombiewalk.com for up to date information as well as photos and videos from previous events.
Rovers at Adelaide Zombie Walk
We aim to bring 100 backpacks of food as our contribution to Adelaide Zombie Walk to mark 100 years of Rover Scouts.
We would like to promote Scouts by dressing in a Zombie scout theme, eg. old scout shirts, scarves, activity shirts. Note that tearing, blood splatter are all part of the fun, so don’t bring clothes you care about.
Adelaide Zombie Walk is great fun, come and join us on this awesome event.
Rules & Etiquette
In attending the Zombie Walk, participants agree to abide by the Rules & Etiquette.
These have been put into place to ensure that everyone has a good time, both Zombies and citizens alike.
- First and foremost, all Zombies must respect the City of Adelaide and refrain from entering any public premises without permission.
- Zombies must be mindful of their actions (and make-up) so that they do not smear, stain, cause damage to, destroy or vandalize any person or property. Please keep your fake blood and make-up to yourself.
- Zombies must not block doorways or impede businesses & homeowners.
- Zombies must also respect others personal space by refraining from touching anyone who is not participating in the Zombie Walk or harassing anyone that wishes to be left alone.
- Zombies must always stop "attacking" someone when asked to, especially children. Our safe word is, BANANAS. If someone should say this to you then please leave them alone and move on. It means they are scared and wish for you to move away.
- Zombies must obey all traffic laws, city ordinances and authorities at all times. If asked to disperse, they must do so immediately.
- There will be absolutely NO alcohol or illegal substances tolerated during our event.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs must remain on a lead and be supervised at all times.
- We have a clear NO WEAPONS policy, if you bring a "toy weapon" it must be clearly defined as such. SAPOL have every right to confiscate anything they deem a hazard.