What is NONT?
NONT (Night Observation and Navigation Trial) is an annual themed event run by South Australian Rovers in which teams pack themselves, like sardines, into vehicles to complete a night navigation trial. Each team will need to decipher a range of puzzles in order to obtain the correct route to each checkpoint. On route, points can be obtained by identifying and recording navigational markers or Observations. At each checkpoint, teams will have the opportunity to have some fun and compete for points by completing the themed activities.
When is NONT?
Saturday the 2nd of June 2018.
Successful applicants will be required to report to K.I.L.L. headquarters (St Saviours Anglican Church, 2 Pridmore Rd, Glen Osmond. Access is recommended from East on Pridmore Ave via Glebe Road) on 2 June 2018 at your designated time. Times will start from 15:00 hours when your team will be given the case briefing. Will you be able crack the case?
Detectives, thank you for signing up to take on the mystery of whodunNONT. Please refer to your team assignments below and aim to check in at your allocated time. Once you've passed the initial tests you'll be handed your case notes. Teams will not be able to leave the start point until at least one hour after their Check In time. Space will be available at the start point for teams to work on their puzzles.
|Check IN time||Team Name||Car Number||Class||Unit/Crew/Group|
|3:00||Twin Peaks 1||A3||Venturer||Twin Peaks|
|3:00||Twin Peaks 2||A4||Venturer||Twin Peaks|
|3:00||The Watsons||A5||Venturer||Summit Streams|
|3:30||Twin Peaks 3||B1||Venturer||Twin Peaks|
|3:30||Twin Peaks 4||B2||Venturer||Twin Peaks|
|4:00||The third wheel||C1||Venturer||Grasby Park|
|4:00||Murder on the HaVaC Express||C3||Rover||HaVaC Rover Crew|
|4:00||CSI Salisbury||C4||Open||1st Salisbury|
|4:00||Strath 99||C5||Rover||Buffalo Rover Crew|
|4:30||Professor Plums||D1||Rover||Buccaneer Rover Crew|
|4:30||Mystery Inc.||D2||Rover||Bloo Rover Crew|
|4:30||We Dunnit||D3||Rover||Branch Team|
|5:00||Who killed Baldr?||E1||Rover||Aesir Rover Crew|
|5:00||Who Stole the Girl Guide Cookie from the cookie jar?||E3||Open||DOONA|
|5:00||EOS Investigations||E4||Open||Eastern Olaves|
|5:00||The body shapes||E5||Rover||The Black Knight Rover Crew|
|5:30||The Mystery Mustard||F1||Rover||Buffalo Rover Crew|
|5:30||THOR-ensic Specialists||F2||Rover||Aesir Rover Crew|
|5:30||Scooby Snack Pack||F3||Venturer||Flagstaff Hill|
|5:30||Black Pearl Investigators||F4||Venturer||Black Pearl|
|5:30||Did NONT Do It||F5||Venturer||Prospect|
|6:00||Willy and his Wonkas||G1||Venturer||Kidman Park|
|6:00||No Shit Sherlocks||G5||Venturer||Aurora|
|6:30||Car11||H1||Venturer||Northridge Para Vista|
|6:30||The Dream Killers||H2||Venturer||Beefacre|
|6:30||Name NONT Found||H3||Venturer||Northridge Para Vista|
|6:30||Do NONT Know||H4||Venturer||Fulham|
|6:30||No Ship Sherlock||H5||Venturer||Ridgehaven|
Who can apply?
Teams can consist of Venturers, Rovers or Leaders.
Venturer teams must be driven by a Fully Licensed Driver with a current police clearance, their teams will conclude investigation at the Rovers100 Secret Vault. Rover and Leader teams require at least two drivers and will continue the hunt for our suspect.
Register and pay by 18th of May to receive the Early bird ticket price of $16pp, Standard tickets are $20pp.
Payment is prefered as a team using you refrence number from the events system. If Paying as an individual please use your reference number initial and last name.
Please send payment by EFT to the Branch Rover Council Bank Account using the following information:
Name: Scouts Australia, SA Branch Rover Council
Reference: <From events system>
This a list of items that will be required to have in your vehicle, or you will not be allowed to participate in NONT 2018.
- A registered and roadworthy vehicle.
- Current Drivers License (for each Driver)
- 350km Range Petrol
- Spare Tyre
- Jack & Jack Handle
- Wheel Brace
- Two Planks of Wood (15x30x1cm)
- Spade or Shovel
- Two working torches
- First Aid Kit
- 2009 or later Street Directory
- Pencil & Eraser
- Weather Appropriate Clothing
- Drinking Water for the team
- Magnifying Glass
- Fake Blood
- Brief Case
- Lab coat
- Rovers 100 Seal
- Theme relevant Game Piece
- Toaster (working)
- Your best vocal rendition of the Law & Order opening sound effect
- Trench Coat
- Death by Chocolate
- UV Torch
- Candlestick Holder
- Book Safe
- Unfinished Portrait
- Red Herring
- Autopsy Report
- The definitive best potato product
NONT 2018 Rules & Regulations
- Only registered and roadworthy vehicles are eligible for entry.
- The legal passenger limit of the vehicle must not be exceeded.
- NONT is a dry event. There is to be no consumption of Alcohol by any participants or staff members during the event.
- Teams must abide by all road rules.
- Teams or persons under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs will not be started if so decided by the organisers. The organisers reserve the right to administer alcohol breath testing.
- There are three classes for NONT;
- Rover: The majority of team members are Rovers.
- Venturer: The majority of team members are Venturers with a designated fully . licensed driver (at least 18 years of age) who has completed a police check.
- Open: The majority of team members are Leaders or other Scouting associates that do not fit into the other categories.
- A Standard Application (A4) form is required from Rovers, Leaders and over 18 participants to be able to compete in NONT.
- A Parent Advice (Y4) form is required of all under 18 participants to be able to compete.
- There are to be no Venturers driving, whether they are “P” platers or not.
- Venturer teams are only to complete the first half of the course and will finish at the "halfway" point. Both Rover and Open teams can complete the full course.
- There is a mandatory half hour break at the halfway point for all teams.
- All teams must have a minimum of a Driver and a Navigator. Teams completing the full course require at least two potential drivers.
- The winning SA Rover Team will be given the choice as to whether they would like to run NONT in 2019.
- There is to be no tampering or altering of the course, observations or course markers by participants.
- Teams must follow directions provided by event staff and scrutineering decisions shall be final.